The history of DHA isn’t a relatively long one:
- 1920’s– First recognized as a skin coloring agent by German Scientists
- 1950’s – Studies were done using DHA as an Oral Drug to assist children with glycogen storage
- 1959– The first commercial product entered the market as a shaving lotion know as Man Tan!
- 1960’s– Coppertone introduced the first Sunless Lotion called QT
- 1970’s– FDA added DHA permanently to their list of approved Cosmetic Ingredients
- 1980’s– New formulations appeared creating natural looking results
- 2020’s- The sunless era really explodes and imbeds itself into the health and beauty industry
Why is it no surprise the first commercial product was marketed to men!